Thursday, June 25, 2015

Nothing

Nothing is truly something. This blog post will probably be short, and to be honest, may not be that amazing because after all, I'm attempting to write about nothing. But, nothing isn't really in my mind. "What's wrong?" "Nothing..." Is typically (like 99.99% of the time) a lie. There's always some form of pain, always some kind of issue, so really, nothing is usually something. Why do we think we can hide behind this facade of nothing which isn't even there. Something must be the matter, sure you may not know what the issue is now but what's the point of hiding? Really, there is no point... That emotion and pain will come out eventually so why hold it in the box of "nothing".

In a previous post I talked about how making a conscious decision can have a positive influence on how your day plays out. Use the idea of nothing to your advantage for that. When disappointment arises typically the fault is that you expected too much of something. To combat that, I try to expect little to nothing out of situations, sure it sounds kind of sad... But when something great happens and my expectations were so minimal, I have an overwhelming sense of happiness! It's so amazing to see something great happen when you only expected ok things.

Nothing is always something, but nothing will help you make something of every situation. Sorry for such a short post, hopefully I can come up with a better topic next week. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment