I feel as though people these days miss the main idea
of being in a relationship, it seems like all they care about is having that
title and having bragging rights of having someone. Why is that such a big
deal? That is someone’s heart you’re playing with, and even though you may only
care about having the ability to say that you “got someone” they may truly care
about the relationship. This is where so many people get hurt, they don’t talk
about what they want in the relationship before entering it. Make your ideals
known, let that “special” person know what you want/need in a relationship. Enter
a relationship with a purpose, not just because you can.
I would also like to share my idea of the purpose of
being in a relationship and dating. In my eyes, the main purpose is to get to
know someone on a deeper level than friends. Yes, you can get to know someone
as friends, you can learn and see if you two connect, but being in a
relationship will allow you to see deeper into their heart. It will give you a
chance to connect on a deeper, more emotionally intimate level. I personally
believe that a relationship or dating is a chance to see and get a feel if that
person is the one you’d be willing to spend your life with. Starting out slow,
just getting to know each other deeper than friends, then as you two grow
together in spirit and your hearts grow intertwined, then you’ll either know if
they are “the one” or it wasn’t meant to be. Relationships need to be treated
respectfully, they are stepping stone to greater things, don’t enter one
because you want to be able to say you got someone, enter one because you truly
care about someone. Because you want to see if you two are really compatible.
Relationships are not an easy thing, they take effort,
but they can be well worth it if done properly. I have a couple suggestions to
help you in your relationships.
1. Start a friendship and just let it grow… This is so
important in a relationship, were you two friends first? Ok, yeah there are
people who randomly meet each other at a bar or something, but majority of the
time I’d suggest getting to know them as a friend before you take another step.
Why waste the time in a relationship if you two really don’t connect as
friends? Wouldn’t you love to be able to marry your best friend? Sounds like a
dream, but it is reality, you can do it. Start as friends, get to know them,
when you both feel like taking that next step then do it.
2. Family always comes first… No matter how far you
are in a relationship I believe it is vital to have family come first. You two
may be boyfriend and girlfriend but when a sister, brother, mom, or dad want to
talk, let your “partner” know you got to go for a bit, they should understand
this. Family should always be at the top of the list of priorities. To be in a
great relationship you really don’t need talk 24/7, yes it is nice but it isn’t
necessary. Time with family is however necessary. So don’t be afraid to tell
your boyfriend/girlfriend you are going to go do some family stuff, they should
understand. If they don’t, you may want to reevaluate that relationship.
3. Morally focused… This is a tough one to describe. I
believe in God, I have a relationship with God. But I know everyone is not like
me, but I know everyone has a conscious. Personally I believe to have a strong
and powerful relationship it is truly vital to have God as the center piece. Need
to be open with each other about your emotions, your feelings, and your faith.
If what’s going on doesn’t coincide with what you believe speak up. In a strong
Christian relationship you should challenge each other to be stronger
Christians. Pray together, read scripture together, do a weekly devotion
together. Never lose sight of what is most important in your life.
Relationships aren’t easy, they take effort, but that
is why there are two people. Both parties work together, they feed off each
other. I have found my best friend, I am working on implementing the last two
ideas on this “friendship” so that when we get to enter a relationship we will
be able to handle it.
Parent involvement/approval will make the relationship
better, knowing that the parents accept it, and are ok with it can take a
tremendous strain off of the two people. Don’t enter a relationship till you
truly feel ready. Age has no correlation to wisdom, being young shouldn’t stop
you from what you really want, an 18 year old may be a lot wiser than people
give them credit for. Yes, I understand parents don’t want to see their kids
get hurt, but as we grow up we need to learn on our own. How can we learn if we
don’t experience things for ourselves?
There it is, my view on relationships/dating. I hope
this helps you in your relationships. Hope you have a great day, God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment