"I've been worrying, that my time is a little unclear. I've been worrying, that I'm losing the ones I hold dear. I've been worrying that we all, live our lives in the confines of fear." These poetic words are from the amazing song "The Fear" by singer song writer Ben Howard. I have loved this song for the longest time, ever since I first heard it. Everybody has that song that they just connect to, I mean, that's what music is for, to express feelings that just can't be described in simple words. Feelings that need a poetic feel with great rhythm and harmony. Only thing will this feelings be properly displayed. Well, I love this song for one main reason, I live in fear. I battle fear, I always have and I probably always will. It's a constant fear, living in the anxiety and fear. I know first hand what it can do to a person. I struggle constantly, but I am working on being better. Fear shouldn't control us, fear should help us, but not control us. I always liked the quote, "If you don't like the way things are, then change them." No matter what situation you're in, no matter how bad it is, you can always change it. Whether it be how you perceive the challenge, or if you just face it and get it over with. You can always change it. All it takes is 20 seconds of courage, and I promise good things will happen. (Taken from the great movie, We Bought A Zoo). So, go out and fix it, good things don't come to those who just wait, good things come to those who go make it happen. Start working, as I am, on overcoming fears and doubts and anxieties.
Constantly worrying, living in fear, plagued by questions of doubt and pain... It's all something that I'm sure a lot of people battle with. It's a battle of the mind and the heart. It's something that feels so beyond our control, but the truth is we all have the capability of overcoming fears and doubts and pains. We have people who love us and care about us, simply talking to them, asking for support can help over come that fear, or whatever it is that plagues you. No one can beat it on there own.
Everyone seems to prefer a different type of support to over come that fear though, you just need to know what people want and also know what you like to hear from people. For some, you need a motivational boost to overcome. You need that song, that youtube video or whatever it is that gets you amped up and ready to go. Others seem to just need support, they need to know you're there for them, just talking to them even if it has nothing to do what the problem is. They'll truly appreciate you just being there. So take the time to know what kind of support you need to face that fear, or to settle you down from that anxiety attack, after all, "no man is an island."
Fear can be found everywhere, there's different levels of fear and there are a too many reasons to count. Just know that something that everyone has their own fears, you can't control them, and you really can't just tell them to get over it. Fear has roots, dig to the roots, find the cause, then work it all out of the ground. It takes time, but would you prefer to continually have that fear, or would you like to rip it out of the ground and no longer have that fear? I know that I'd love to just rip out my fears and doubts, but guess what, it takes time. It may not be enjoyable, and they may make you want to leave them till they are better, but it really is best to stay and help them.
Knowing you have someone there is key, and I know you're both reading this so thank you for being there. I know I'm a pest and it can't be too enjoyable being around me or listening to me when I'm having the anxiety attack or am in so much fear, but you've never left and I don't think you ever will. So thank you so much. I'm very sorry for all I've put you two through.
So there's my take on fear and anxiety I guess. Everyone deals with it in someway shape or form. For many like me, it seems to be a consistent and constant battle within yourself. Be there for them, they need you. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment