I am sorry for the delay, I got back from bowling the Junior Gold National Championships in Chicago and I finally am feeling 100% from that. My girlfriend challenged me (more like asked me to) write a blog post on the topic of homosexuality and the gay marriage rights. First off, I want to make it completely clear that I am absolutely against gay marriage. I do not support the idea of marriage because marriage was something created by God to be between husband and wife, man and woman. So living as a christian, I do not believe it is correct or should be allowed that a marriage could be between a man and man, or woman and woman. Though I despise this sin and the actions of many people, I still love the persons who are gay, or bi, or transgender. I believe if Christ were alive today, he'd love them with all his heart, and show them the grace of God.
Growing up I learned quickly that yelling and beating something into a person seems to rarely if ever work. Showing love, compassion, sharing in a deep conversation allows both parties to really understand each other. Sure, in like sports a coach yelling at someone to do it works, but that is when you're pumped up with adrenaline and you understand the coach is in charge. In everyday life, sitting down, talking over coffee or tea, can do wonders. Not be aggressive with them, not belittle their thinking, but listening and trying to understand what they've gone through. Share the love that God gave you. My pastor was talking about the Issachar tribe, and what it means to live in the times but live like christian's in today's insane world. I really liked something he said, it struck a cord with me because I've never liked how churches seem to handle it the situations. He said, "Society has pressed the mute button on the church because they have seen quick aggressive responses and want none of that. They've yet to sit and listen to our thoughtful responses." This really hit me, because all too often the church and christian's alike seem to just attack and beat the word of God into sinners. Growing up having that done to me, I realize how ineffective that method is. It is really best to express love, and show them that God is good. Hate the sin, but love the sinner.
I'm sure you've noticed that I've used no scripture references throughout this post. That's because as christian's, we need to be aware of our actions and how they reflect the likeness of God and Christ. We were created in his likeness, so that when we are reborn through him, we will carry out good deeds to the world and live as lights and a blackened world. We want to be the hands and feet of God, do his work in the world. This isn't' anything new. The moment you ask God for forgiveness, he asks you to save his people. I mean, for the longest time every kid had a bracelet, WWJD? What would Jesus do. So, what would he? In light of recent events, I personally believe that Jesus would love. He'd tell them about God, let them know the grace of God through his many parables. Jesus loved. He loved all, you think he didn't? So many christian's don't want to get down and dirty working with everyday sinners. Jesus' disciples, the 12 men he spent the most time with, were tax collectors (hated people), fishermen, and some we are unsure what they did. Jesus spent time teaching to sinners along with saints. He hung around lepers, people who were cast out of the city. If you're a christian, and trying to live like Christ. Why do you hide behind church doors throwing scripture at every sinner who walked by? Be honest, don't you think Jesus would be out loving His brothers and sisters?
My apologies for kind of going off. I'm not a fan of how "aggressive" the church is. Too busy worrying about being contaminated. I read this story, a church heard that a LGBT group was going to protest across the street from them, and what the church did shocked everybody (unfortunately). They set up tents, put out food and drinks for the protesters. I just imagine the scene, members of the LGBT yelling at the church congregation, and they simply respond, "Are you thirsty? Been yelling for a while. Here is some water." As they hand them a bottle of water. In the midst of being yelled at, they showed love and compassion to the protesters. Now that is love. Fighting fire with fire never seems to work. Show love and compassion, let God's work and will be done.
I hope you enjoyed. I'm sorry if this post offended anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment