So, as I mentioned before I had spent some time in Chicago at a National Youth Bowling tournament. While I was there I had the opportunity to meet and speak with many guys my own age, and sadly I kind of wish I hadn't talked to them. I was very disappointed the way they talked about life, how they were "knocking up" girls, or getting high and getting wasted while on this trip. It actually made me mad to be a teenage male. I was disgusted with the way these boys treat women, they treat them like they are objects and they don't understand that these women have hearts, souls, and minds. Great minds too.
You see, in today's society so many boys think it's a lofty prize to have slept with a girl, and so many brag about how many girls they've slept with. It is just horrible to think what these guys do or even how their minds can blow off what they do. They seem to not care at all that the girl they are messing with is another human. Sadly so many young adult men have objectified women. It's a sad truth. We (the male population) need a revival. It starts with this generation who's about to be married and having kids, the men of that generation need to step up and be responsible fathers and responsible men most of all. 1 Timothy 6:11 says, "But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, Godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness." I feel like some boys who heard this verse only heard "Pursue love." Unfortunately for them, He doesn't even mean making love with anyone, God means specifically falling in love with a girl. Being a rock to her and helping her live in faith.
I understand that majority to all those guys were not christians, but you know what? Society is so messed up and I'm not saying this as a christian but as a man they should be more respectful of women. Like I said, I was extremely disappointed when I heard a few boys bragging about how many girls they slept with while in Chicago for the 5 or so days. One of the buys even said to me, "Got this one girl to sleep with me last night dude, it is great, don't know her name and I haven't seen her since!" Fortunately another guy who had the same feelings I did pulled me over to talk because I was about do something I'd regret. I don't understand, nor will I ever stand where boys think they have a right to objectify women. That is the least manly characteristic I've ever seen, but the only way I know to combat it is raise my future son right. Raise him to be a proper man. I need to also respectfully respond to boys I hear talking like that, unfortunately I struggle with that as my girlfriend points out to me... "Violence is not the answer Tucker." Is a line I hear too many times. I get very frustrated and angry when I hear conversation like I heard in Chicago.
So, I hope you understand what I'm getting at. Men, raise your sons right, raise them to be real men of class and not "swag masters" who do not understand showing respect. Girls, I hope you find a fine respectful man. I also hope you help him raise the next generation of young men so that maybe we can stop the fall of society. I hope this helps you understand, I am challenging all who read this, and I'm challenging myself all the time as well to be the man I want my daughter to marry. This may sound really odd, but when you enter a relationship, treat her like you'd like your future daughters boyfriend to treat her. It's difficult sometimes, but know that she is important to someone. Hope you enjoyed my little explosion on disrespectful boys. Hope this doesn't offend any one.
No comments:
Post a Comment