So, we all know that we are supposed to forgive the ones who hurt us, I mean Jesus said to forgive them 7 times 70 (which would be 490 times). The thing is there should be no limit as to how many times you forgive someone. People matter, and people make mistakes. Don't burn a bridge just because someone hurt you or did someone that you don't like. I'm not going to write this using scripture to back up the theory that we need to forgive and forget, I'm going to write this to help people understand how dangerous and how painful it is to hold a grudge.
So, someone has hurt you in some form or another. If they apologized great, if they didn't, face them and tell them they hurt you and let them know what happened. I feel like people today have people become so numb to their own actions that they never realize they hurt someone. It's the sad fact in life, when you can post a comment or a tweet and indirectly have it hurt someone. It could be about something totally different, but it still hurt. I'm sure everyone's been hurt by a post or something like it. It's becoming a common theme as more and more people have started to open up behind the keys of a message board.
When someone asks for forgiveness or apologizes, they are admitting they did wrong. It takes guts to admit that you messed up, to face the music, so don't take it lightly when someone finally asks you for forgiveness or says they're sorry for something they did. Accept the apology, say it's ok and you forgive them. Let them know you're not mad and you're not going to hold it above their heads, dangling from a string that at the next mistake they make it snaps. It's not healthy to hold a grudge. Holding grudges doesn't just hurt that other person, it hurts you and your reputation. People see you holding a grudge and they're not going to want to cross paths with you. The other fact is that often times, holding a grudge can and will burn bridges, bridges that may be very helpful in the future when you're stuck in a predicament and can't really get out. What's the point of tying that ball and chain of pain around your ankle? There's no point in doing that. Life is meant to be lived and loved. You're not meant to sit there being annoyed by someones very existence.
It's not healthy nor enjoyable to you or the people around you when the mention of someones name makes you bitter. Enjoy the times, let go of the pain, and live life to its fullest. If someone leaves you because they're mad at you? Let them. The fact that someone fails to let go of things should tell you they'll always hold anything you mess up on over your head. Trust me, if you've not already dealt with someone like this, it is not enjoyable.
I've had plenty of people hate me, I've gone to them and apologized for what I supposedly did to them. Yet, they still wish I was dead. Sadly, not everyone has the ability to move on. So, just be careful when you're going to be around people you know don't like you. If they won't forgive you, don't pester them, just hope and pray that someday they'll actually forgive you.
That's all for now... Kind of lost where I was going, turned into a rant more than anything I guess. Hope you enjoyed and got something of this. Please don't hold grudges, spare yourself and everyone around you that burden.
No comments:
Post a Comment