Sorry for not posting anything in a while. Been really struggling to come up with a topic. Fortunately for me, I think I found one and hopefully this goes well. So... here goes nothing...
"Are you ok?" is something that is so often said to someone who obviously is struggling with something, whether it be a physical pain or a mental drain, it is noticeable that they are not ok... But the common response by them is "Yea", why? Cause when you are down the last thing you want to do is talk to people because in your heart you feel like they really don't care they are just trying too make it look like they do. Well, I no longer say "yea" when asked if I'm ok. Why? Because truth be told, I am never ok. I am never in that surreal state where nothing is bothering me. My mind is never in a safe haven where it is free of worry, stress, ambition... I am, nor will I ever be ok.
I am human, at least I think I am, and guess what. Being human means having a brain, and a brain stores information and emotion. Now if you were too look at emotion on a spectrum, the far left being bad emotions that hinder you such as fear, doubt, pain, jealousy (which can be good in some ways..) then the middle is "OK" and the right side are "good" emotions like love, happiness, joy and so on. Well, when you look at emotions like a spectrum, and you plot out what you are feeling, guess what, I highly doubt you ever land on just "ok" because you and I are alike. You're full of doubt, full of fear, yet you're full of joy, happiness, and ambition to be the best. The mind is so powerful and can comprehend a thousand different feelings and emotions at once, so if you plot a few, you'll see you never land on the basic "ok". So let us stop with the games of being "ok" and start being human. Saying, "why would I be ok, ok implies feeling nothing at all, and being human means feeling it all."
As the great Robin Williams said in the movie Dead Poets Society (fantastic movie), "Avoid using the word 'very' because it is lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don't use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys -- to woo women-- and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do." Now, I know, that doesn't do much with being "ok", but, it really does. See, "ok" is like "very". It is a lazy word. Don't be afraid to describe your feelings and be expressive about it. You are human, you have feelings, don't hide them! "It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us..." don't hide the good times, and never be afraid to talk about the bad times with people. If they didn't care if you were ok, why would they ask? Thank you. Hope you enjoyed. Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment