Thursday, May 21, 2015

Confidence Is Key

In whatever you do, have confidence. A simple statement, but when broken down you realize how difficult it is when it's something you have either never done and or have failed at so many times before. It's actually amazing though, how the brain functions. When one is trying something, and they do so with pronounced confidence, 9 times out of 10 they do it well. Lately I have had to work to have some confidence in my life.

I have been applying for jobs non stop lately, to be honest, thinking back, I have applied to close to 20 business around my house, I only heard back from three to say they were no longer accepting applications for this position. Well, a dear friends mom tipped me to an opening at the local Kroger... The opportunity seemed too good to be true, and due to my lack of success my hopes were low. Well, Tuesday morning I applied, thirty minutes after applying I got a call for an interview and had it scheduled the next day. My friend kept telling me, "be confident!" I kind of shrugged it off since I didn't expect to get the job. She kept telling me I'll get it, and that I need to have some confidence in it. Well, time of the interview came, and it was a breeze, even though I was faking the confidence, I projected the idea that I was confident. They interviewer liked that, and I was hired on the spot.

Confidence is also needed when making decisions that will greatly effect the outcome of the scenario. For example, in bowling, transition and changes happen constantly (as in life, but I know bowling better than I do life so I can easily explain my theory). So in bowling I am constantly making adjustments, and the pro always reminds me when he watches me, "move with confidence!" And you know what, when I make moves with confidence, so often that move works. When I don't feel confident in my adjustments, so often times the outcome is pitiful at best. Confidence is truly key in whatever you do, whether it be something in sports or in everyday life.

So, as you can tell, I have really learned lately that having confidence really is a key to success. Fear is good to have, it lets you know that you're taking a risk and a lot of times, the more the risk the better the reward. Don't let that fear stand in your way of something great though, stare it down with confidence. People will be more likely to notice you if you in a good way if you attack any decision with confidence. Good luck, having it all the time isn't easy, I know this from experience, but work at it, and someday it'll help you make it big. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment